Pages

Thursday 10 May 2018

Term 2 Week 2: Word Vomit

“He looks like an escaped mental asylum patient.” I burst into laughter at Kara’s comment. I look at the man they’re pointing to and he honestly does. A suit, long grey beard, monocle, top hat. I look back at Kara, who’s still holding back laughter. The man’s face looks calming, somewhat. “Wait, isn’t that Shirley Campbell?” I look at Kara. “Cam… pebell’s!” Kara laughs, quoting a Vine. I hold back laughter again. I look back over at Shirley. He looks confused, like everything he knew has changed. I wouldn’t be surprised, he’s been missing for 20-odd years. I can’t help but look at him. Something about him just draws me in. Maybe it’s his confused yet happy look. Maybe it’s his clothes. I don’t know. But I feel the urge to help him. I go to stand up, but Kara grabs my arm. “Dude, no! I don’t need another one of my roommates going insane! Seriously, Jay!” We both laugh and I sit back down. I hope he’ll do alright.

Word Count: 170

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.