Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Wellbeing

In this Health unit, we are learning about the stages of Hauora, or wellbeing, specifically our spiritual wellbeing.

Spiritual wellbeing focuses on our identities and what we believe, not just religion-wise, but moral-wise too.

I did a Personal Values Assessment and I was asked to answer these questions:
From the values you chose, write about the two that are most important to you.
For me, creativity and humour/fun are the most important. As a natural artist and performer, I love making people smile with my work, which is where both of them come into play.

Why is this value most important to you?
My creativity has allowed me to accomplish many things, such as create alternate universes of many of my interests and create my own characters, and my humour, as well as creativity, helps me to bring life to those characters, and as long as I can keep those characteristics of myself, I'll be able to achieve my goals.

Recall a moment in your life when you really 'lived' this value.
The best one would probably when I started designing my current alternate universe project. I created characters with individual personalities, and my friends and I joked around while they helped me design certain aspects of the story.

If this value is not being respected by others, how might you feel or react?
I'd actually be quite offended. There are many things that people love, such as books and music, that require both humour and creativity. If people disrespected these values, that would be the same as saying that they didn't enjoy music, books, or art, and in some cases even common internet humour.
This is a series of sticky notes with five aspects of myself I think are important for people to know about me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jay, I really like your well being post about values and the five sticky note activity we did in Health last week.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.