Pages

Friday 4 September 2020

Week 7 Art

My LO is to make a portfolio around the struggles of transgender people, specifically FTM.

This week I have done 2 works based on Henri Matisse's cutout silhouette-styled work. The first is based on a previous watercolour I did on a silhouette in blue falling into a pink 'ocean', and the second is the same silhouette with their arms across their torso.

Henri Matisse - 1071 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy
Matisse's original work

 


I relate to the pieces quite personally because I feel that, as an FTM trans man, I have the gender roles of a woman forced onto me by those who don't accept my identity. The pink 'ocean' around the blue figure of the silhouette represents the pretty-in-pink stereotypes that are forced onto trans men by transphobic friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jaden thank you for your post. I am looking forward to you posting up your poster design work that has evolved from this also. I would like to see you looking at how to open your composition more - while acknowledging that the closing in of the negative space is a highly effective device with this particular kaupapa.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.