Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2018

The Merchant of Venice: Shakespeare study (Part 5)

Act Two, Scene Three
What does Jessica think of her life at home? Give evidence from the text to support your thinking.
'Alack, what heinous sin is it in me
To be ashamed to be my father’s child!
But though I am a daughter to his blood,
I am not to his manners.'

Which of Bassanio’s friends is Jessica planning to marry?
Lorenzo.


Act Two, Scene Four
How does Jessica get a message to her lover?
She gets Lancelot to deliver it.

How will she be disguised for the elopement?
She will be wearing a page's uniform.

Act Two, Scene Five
Why is Shylock uneasy about going out for the evening? Give evidence from the text to support your thinking.
'I am right loath to go.
There is some ill a-brewing towards my rest,
For I did dream of money bags tonight.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.